PeopleCert’s Continuing Professional Development programme
As businesses and technologies evolve, the demand for new skills is ever present in a competitive global job market and lifelong learning is essential for success. That is why PeopleCert announces the Continuing Professional Development Programme.
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme is designed to help candidates stay ahead in the competitive labour market. It aims to help candidates thrive in their chosen discipline and keep them up-to-date with the skills and best practices for their professional development.
Part of this programme means that starting from 2023, all Global Best Practice certifications will need to be renewed after three years. This way PeopleCert can assist candidates in their lifelong journey and inspire them to keep on developing their professional skills.
All certifications have to be renewed every three years and there will be three main renewal paths available:
- Retake the same exam: you can renew your certification by retaking the original exam before the renewal date.
- Take further courses and certifications: you can renew your certifications by attending another course and taking another exam, within the same product suite, before the renewal date.
- Collect and log CPD points: you can renew and keep your certification by collecting and logging so-called CPD (continuing professional development) points. More information will be provided soon.
Renewing a certification for current certification holders
If you are already certified in one of the Best Practices that PeopleCert offers, you will have to follow one of the above renewal paths in order to keep your certification. This means that:
If certified before June 2020: candidates will have until 1 July 2023 to renew their certification, regardless of their original award date.
If certified after June 2020: candidates will have to renew their certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
The Continuing Professional Development programme will be for all global best practice certification groups which include:
- ITIL® 4
- PRINCE2® 5th and 6th
- PRINCE2® Agile
- MSP®4th and 5th
How to log your CPD Points each year
You can further develop your professional skills by logging CPD points through the MyAxelos portal.
To keep your current certifications valid, CPD points can be logged against an individual or multiple certifications. For each Product Suite, candidates must submit at least 20 CPD points each year, across different categories of CPD, for three years consecutively. At the end of this period, your certification renew-by date will be extended by three years, and the cycle will repeat.
These points must be submitted by the date on which you originally passed your most recent exam within the Product Suite. For example, if you originally passed the exam on 1st April, your 20 CPD points must be logged by 1st April each year.
What are the PeopleCert Product Suites?
Renewing a certification can be done within the same product suite. An ITIL® 4 certification will not be renewed by obtaining a PRINCE2® certification, but could be renewed by taking any other ITIL 4 certification, such as ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support.
Product suites are as follows:
- ITIL 4 Product Suite: All ITIL 4 certifications
- Project, Programme & Portfolio Management Product Suite: PRINCE2®, PRINCE2® Agile, MoR®, MSP®, MoV®, MoP®, P3O
What are the different categories of CPD points?
Below you can find some examples (a more extensive overview can be found on the PeopleCert website):
- Professional experience: applying best practice in the workplace or coaching colleagues in relation to best practice
- Professional education: PeopleCert certifications or other certifications from non-PeopleCert accredited training organisations
- Community: organising or attending industry or best practice related events
For any questions, please reach out to us anytime or have a look at PeopleCert’s website.