The learning objectives for DevOps Leader include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
The target audience for the DevOps Leader course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Devops Leader Examination Design
- Number of questions: 40
- Type of questions: multiple choice
- Marks: 40 marks available.
- Provisional pass mark: 65% or higher
- Duration: 90 minutes (112 for non-native speakers)
- This is an ‘open book’ examination
The Certification Exam takes place the last day of the course, the second day, in the afternoon. Open-course participants may need to bring their laptop in order to take the on-line exam.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended.
The pre-reading material will be available before of the beginning of the course, participants are encouraged to study it before the beginning of the course. A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
The following Devops Leader course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide- available online.
- Devops Leader Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Devops Leader test-exams and hints & tips for the Devops Leader Examination.
- Devops Leader Learner Manual ebook
Learner Manual ebook (excellent post-class reference)
Access to additional sources of information and communities