Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Be able to describe the high-level P3O model and know the differences between Portfolio, Programme andProject Management
- Know the arguments for establishing a P3O model and measuring its success
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles
- State the key functions and services of a P3O
- Describe tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Know how to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work
- Pass the Foundation exam
- Demonstrate their ability to define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to build the right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and PPM maturity
- Demonstrate their ability to plan the implementation of a P3O
- Demonstrate their ability to use tools and techniques in running the P3O and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects
- Pass the Practitioner exam
- Senior Project/Programme Managers
- PM Office Members
- Individuals with key portfolio, programme or project office roles
- Aspirant Project/Programme Managers
- Individuals newly-appointed to portfolio, programme or project office roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after some support office experience.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role
P3O Foundation Exam
- 1 hour
- 75 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
P3O Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hours
- Objective Test
- 4 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (P3O manual only)
Upon successful completion of the exam and following confirmation of the results, the participants will receive a unique, secure and auditable electronic certificate from APMG International.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on projects/programmes. Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required for those asking for the Practitioner exam. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the P3O Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the P3O Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide.
- P3O Foundation & Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the P3O Glossary, a number of Foundation and Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation and Practitioner Examination.
Why choose QRP?
- Prepare more efficiently with our pre-course study guide available online.
- Receive the latest version of the official P3O manual ‘Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O’ in advance
- Save money, our prices include pre-course material, manuals, exams and certificate.
- Be well prepared for your examination with 2 sample papers for both the Foundation and Practitioner level.
- Achieve practical experience of PMO, all our trainers have 15+ years experience in setting up and working in various PMOs structures in a wide range of private and public sector organisations.
- Get it right, our training course is fully accredited by APMG!
- Just Relax, you get a PASS GUARANTEE on your P3O Foundation AND your P3O Practitioner!! At QRP International we promise to provide the highest level of training and service to help you gain your P3O certification. We’re confident that you’ll pass BOTH Foundation and Practitioner exam at the first attempt with us and If you don’t, we will let you take the course a second time at no cost, you will just have to pay the resit exam fee.
Do you have more than 2 participants interested in that course? Ask for our multiple discount rate
Do you need to adapt the course to your organization? Look at our customized solution