Whether you are just starting to find out about Agile, or already considering it as a potential new way of working, ‘Why Agile?’ is a very sensible question. Over the last few year, many different surveys have highlighted how project management is key to realizing an organization’s strategy and, furthermore, how delivering successful projects is a real challenge. For example, the KMPG’s 2012 Project and Programme management survey has shown that the average success rate for (IT) projects in the market appears to be around one in three: this means that two third of projects are not successful.
The answer APMG International will provide in this white paper consists of looking at available ways of working, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses, and listing out the benefits that an Agile way of working can bring to your business.
Keep reading to download this new article!
TITLE: Why Agile?
ABOUT THE ARTICLE: This article from APMG International has the goal to explain how different projects can be managed with different methods, and how to recognize the minimum requirements for one method or another: by using Agile, companies can try to change and improve a number of aspects, ranging from recognising that sometimes you we can’t define all requirements up front, through to involving the customer on a continuous basis, and up to delivery of the products and services. The article continues listing a number of achievements you can get to by implementing an Agile model in the right situation, which will finally answer the starting question: “Why Agile?”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Alex Gray, Lean & Agile Trainer/Coach, is a professional, versatile and enthusiastic Lean & Agile Trainer / Coach with 20 years’ experience in varied IT projects and roles. A member of the BCS Agile Expert Panel, and an author of the BCS Foundation in Agile Practices syllabus, examination and course materials.
TO READ AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL ARTICLE: simply follow this link!
A new opportunity has arisen for a talented Sales Executive to be joining our Belgian Team! Keep reading to know more on how to apply!
We are looking for a talented (competitive and trustworthy) Sales Executive helping us build up our business activities in Belgium.
You will be responsible for discovering and pursuing new sales prospects and maintaining customer satisfaction. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
A passionate for the “art” of Sales and will have experience and dedication relationship building.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
The ability and willingness to travel is required.
- Responsible for contributing to the country business strategies
- Responsible for contributing to the country marketing strategy
- To actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products/ services
- To negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- To find business opportunities and manage customer relationships.
- To manage and record all sales enquiries via CRM
- To provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- To Report sales figures to BDM
- Collaborate with team to achieve better results
- Support BDM and Sales Manager in organizing various Sales projects
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
NATIVE ENGLISH or FRENCH or DUTCH SPEAKER
- The ability and desire to sell
- Thorough knowledge of sales and negotiating techniques (telephone and face to face)
- Experience as a sales executive in B2B
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- To negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- a good level of numeracy.
- Able to embrace QRP Core Values in everyday work
- We do our utmost to make our clients happy
- We enjoy working together as a team
- We keep our word
- Results orientation
- Interpersonal communication
- Relational skills
- Sense of Belonging
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- Good level of numeracy
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form)
- Reporting to Business Development Manager Belgium
- Working relationships – Marketing Executive, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Trainers, Consultants
- 12 months
- 20.000 – 25.000 Gross salary
- Starting May 2017
- Based in Como, Italy
- Subsequent to the initial period and good performance QRP intend to offer long term contract to the successful candidate.
Liked the offer? Would you like to apply and join our international team?
PRINCE2 is firmly established as the world’s most practiced method for project management and is globally recognized for delivering successful projects.
The updated 2017 guidance, its first since 2009, places a strong emphasis on the scalability and flexibility of the method and on how best to tailor it to the complexity and specific requirements of a project.
- Increased emphasis on tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and a varied range of project environments
- Demonstrates a greater link between the themes and principles
- Restructuring of the ‘Themes’ chapters to accommodate typical examples of tailoring
- Provides increased guidance on the practical application of the method, with numerous examples, hint and tips
- Improvements to the structure and format have been made throughout the manual to en-sure it is easier to navigate and use
- The updated guidance and exams has been developed through a collaborative approach involving over 100 members of the broader development team, including practitioners, trainers and consultants
- PRINCE2’s familiar structure of seven principles, themes and processes have remained constant.
The new 2017 edition publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the new updated PRINCE2 qualification for both Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 2017 is currently available to pre-order.
Please contact us to pre-order your copy.
In January 2017 our partners and owners of PRINCE2®, AXELOS, announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2® guidance and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Together, these form PRINCE2 2017 and represent the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009.
Why has PRINCE2 been updated?
The success of PRINCE2 lies in its compilation of proven best practices in project management taken from academics, business professionals, and consultants across the years. Since its creation, at least two million PRINCE2 exams have been sat in over 150 countries worldwide. This is a clear testament to the value of PRINCE2 to individuals all over the world.
But we must all recognize that the business world is changing, and even something as tried and tested as PRINCE2 is not completely resistant to change. As ever with PRINCE2, the update has been a collaborative approach amassing feedback from a wide range of PRINCE2 Practitioners; the people best positioned to assess PRINCE2 through their continued application of the method across a range of working environments. This feedback has resulted in a thorough, evolutionary, update of PRINCE2.
What are the main changes to PRINCE2?
The PRINCE2 update will see a new edition of the PRINCE2 manual, plus updated training materials and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. These will be launched in mid-2017. This update does not change any of the fundamentals of the method – PRINCE2’s overall structure of seven principles, themes and processes remains unchanged. But the emphasis and treatments within these have shifted.
The main changes to the guidance are a greater emphasis on the following areas:
- tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and project environments;
- the principles that underpin PRINCE2;
- a greater link between the themes and principles;
- the restructuring of the ‘Themes’ guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring;
- the practical application of the method and guidance, with numerous examples, hints and tips.
PRINCE2 is a wealth of project management knowledge and Best Practice that needs to be conscientiously tailored to suit each individual and their organization. The updated manual, training and examination will help you tailor PRINCE2 effectively to ensure you get the most out of the certification.
PRINCE2 has always been rooted in real life experience. This update can be trusted to provide practical, authoritative and relevant guidance to anyone managing a project in today’s environment.
What does the update mean for me?
If you are a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner, you do not need to worry. We do not believe that those with a valid PRINCE2 certification need to take the new examinations. However, we would highly recommend to contact us to get an overview of the suggested paths to remain updated!
This important update reinforces PRINCE2’s unrivalled reputation for Best Practice in project management. As always, the focus is on helping individuals and organizations across a range of job roles, sectors and geographies, to successfully manage projects.
Once you have a good Project Management method in place, you might end up realizing that this is not enough. Why this happens? And what do you, and/or your organization, should know about the integration of Project Management with Programmes and Portfolios? What about a strong support structure like a PMO office?
With this series of 2 webinars, QRP International wants to introduce you to the concept of PPM (or P3) Management, where Projects, Programmes and Portfolio are all well connected, and being aligned deliver more value to the organization overall.
Have you missed the webinars? NO WORRIES! Keep reading to access the recording of both webinars!
TITLE OF THE SERIES: PPM Implementations: How to integrate Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Mr. Niels Van Bemmelen is “Organisational Change Management Specialist”. Niels has 20 years of experience in projects and programmes for organisational change. He has been involved in complete business change projects in challenging international environments. As project manager, business analyst and in assurance roles Niels has worked in projects in finance, public sector, tourism and education. He is a multilingual accredited trainer and consultants for PRINCE2, MSP, MoP, P3O, PRINCE2 Agile and Change Management and he teaches in English, Dutch and Italian.
ABOUT THE WEBINARS:
- WEBINAR 1: What is the PPM Framework and Why You Need it: Project, Programme and Portfolio Management, Benefits and Challenges: General picture on Project, Programme and Portfolio Management, plus zoom-in into PRINCE2, MSP, and MoP, giving an introduction and adding some details to what they are and how they work. We’ll answer the questions “What is Project Management? What is Programme Management? What is Portfolio Management?”
- WEBINAR 2: How to implement PPM and set up of a PMO structure: A Portfolio, Programme and Project Office model will equip an organization with the structures, tools and techniques it needs to ensure it has the right programmes and projects in place and ensures consistent delivery of programmes and projects across the organisation. This may be provided through a single permanent office which may exist under several different names e.g. PMO, Portfolio Office, Centre of Excellence, Enterprise or Corporate Programme Office. It may otherwise be provided through a linked set of offices (portfolio office, programme offices, project offices), both permanent (enabling/supporting business objectives and consistency of delivery) and temporary (enabling/supporting specific programmes and projects), providing a mix of central and localized services.
Still some questions for the expert? Want to know more on PPM implementations? GET IN TOUCH!
At QRP International our mission is to support individuals and organizations in the development of the needed skills in order to be successful in the implementation of Project, Programme, Portfolio and Change Management. The goal is not only to provide information, but also to create awareness on the importance of the set up of a strong method for your projects and portfolio. How?
We do so by organizing free events where professionals can network with peers, share lessons and experiences and ask finally their questions to the experts from the field.
This FREE WORKSHOP will help you learning more about a method and the benefits for you and your organization:
TITLE OF THE WORKSHOP: “AgilePM Evening Workshop”
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP: Agile continues to take the project management world by storm. No longer confined to software development, Agile approaches have become popular with a wide variety of organisations that need to be more flexible and responsive to deal effectively with the ever-increasing pace of change.
This workshop, in ENGLISH Language, will focus on the roles and responsibilities within an AgilePM typical project
ABOUT THE EXPERT: David Maegerman is Project Management specialist with over 10 years of Project Management experience, performing various roles in different types of projects. As a Project Manager, he delivered IT solutions as well as sales/marketing projects in the distribution and insurance industry. He’s a multilingual trainer for PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management, able to perform courses in English, Dutch and French
WHERE AND WHEN:
- Location: Regus Offices -Diegem-
- Time: 18:00 – 19:30- registration starts at 17:30
- Date: May 24th
- Language: English
- Trainer: David Maegerman, PRINCE2 and AgilePM accredited trainer and consultant
- Attendance fee: FREE entrance, registration required
- Inscription: to enroll please follow this link and fill in the form.
For more information about the content, contact-us and we will reply you with a mail or call as soon as possible.