QRP International has a core purpose: "Developing professionals to facilitate change". We believe in change as a tool for growth and improvement, not only professionally, but also in our society. This is the reason why every year we choose to support a cause. This year we chose to support Hope and Homes for Children.
Over 8 million of children worldwide live in orphanages or other forms of institutional care. Hope and Homes for Children has a mission: to be the catalyst for the global elimination of institutional care of children and ensure that all children can grow up in lovely and safe families.
Hope and Homes for Children is working in over 30 countries to dismantle orphanage-based care systems and to find safe and loving families for children who live in orphanages. They’re also working with governments to tackle the root causes of family breakdown, and to prevent family separation. Indeed, the 80% of children confined to orphanages are not orphans: they have at least one living parent or relative but are abandoned because of poverty, disability or discrimination. With the right support, these children can join loving foster families or, if they are old enough, they can be supported to live independently.
The mission could seem impossible but it is not: since 1994, Hope and Homes for Children have transformed the lives of thousands of children by closing 109 orphanages across 9 countries.
QRP International decided to support the organization with a donation that will enable 3 vulnerable children, currently held in bleak orphanages, to start a new and better life with their birth family or with a foster family. Because all children need to live in a safe and stable environment to grow and develop their potential.
Visit their website to know their mission, stories and beautiful achievements: Hope and Homes for Children
QRP International Story: Who We Are
QRP International is a leading player in Best Practice Training in Europe. We are specialised in supporting organisations developing their personal skills and successfully implementing Best Practices.QRP International is accredited to provide training and certification in the following Best Practice methods:
- Project Management: PRINCE2, AgilePM, PRINCE2 AGILE, PMP, SCRUM and PM²
- Programme Management: MSP
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Office: P3O
- Management of Portfolios: MoP
- IT Governance & Service Management: ITIL
- Change Management
"QRP aims to be at the forefront of change management. As our core purpose says: we develop professionals to facilitate change. Together with the historical leader in project management in Switzerland PROFEO AG we are pleased to launch our services with a completely new website under a new name PROFEO-QRP. Having all the 3 language capabilities needed in the house with qualified trainers and consultants we are ready to serve the market with the major methods to manage change: from AgilePM to PMP and from PRINCE2 to ITIL. Our collaboration with PROFEO AG will extend to a wider offering of consultancy services in 2019. Please enjoy our wide range of courses under PROFEO-QRP in your language of choice. Happy learning!
Our Mission: Why Training in Project Management?Our mission is to support individuals and organizations in the development of skills for implementation of Project, Programme, Portfolio and Change Management. For this purpose, we provide high quality in all of our services: from the analysis of clients business needs to the tailoring of the services offered. Our quality is guaranteed by our experience in the industry: with 18 years of activity we know what is required to make training successful. But the key factor to our success is our people: our train-the-trainer programme and extensive internal training programs make our staff highly skilled and our team deeply motivated. Working at QRP means for us to help professionals build news opportunity. We have passion for change and improvement. Our mission statement is ‘helping companies to get better communication across departments, to save time and money throughout the project’s life and to give agility to processes’. We believe that companies could improve their overall business performance thanks to Training, Certification and Consultancy services in Best Practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals improving their skills. We can help you too.
Our Work: How Do We Help Professionals to Develop?QRP goal is to provide information and to create awareness on the importance of setting a strong method for your projects and portfolio. How? We organize free events where professionals can network with peers, share lessons and experiences and ask finally their questions to the experts from the field. We strive to provide you with the most updated information about Project, Programme and Portfolio management. We would keep you update with the latest market trends and give you the big picture of the PPM world. MORE INFORMATION Do you believe that we can help you improving your career or the project’s life of your companies? Please contact-us and we will reply you as soon as possible.
But why has AgilePM proven so popular? Here are some of the key features that contribute to its success.
- A tried and tested corporate approach: AgilePM is essentially a project manager’s subset of the Agile Business Consortium’s wider Agile Project Framework. The framework – established for over 20 years and regularly refreshed – provides governance and rigour along with the agility and flexibility demanded by organizations today.
- Addresses the full project lifecycle (beyond product development): AgilePM offers a mature Agile approach that, whilst offering agility and flexibility, retains the concepts of a project, project delivery and project management. It goes beyond the realm of Agile product development approaches such as Scrum.
- Quality & governance controls: One of AgilePM’s underlying principles is Never Compromise Quality. In an AgilePM project, high-level acceptance criteria is agreed at various stages throughout the project lifecycle, from initial requirements at the feasibility stage, to objectives for each stage of product/solution development.
- Risk management: AgilePM provides practical ideas for managing risk, directly addressing many of the common risks associated with projects. The Project Approach Questionnaire provides an effective starting point for creating a clear, shared understanding of project risks and their mitigation.
- Clear roles & responsibilities: People working together effectively is the foundation of any successful project. AgilePM recognizes this and assigns clear roles and responsibilities to each person in a project, representing business, solution/technical, management and process interests.
- Popular agile practices incorporated: AgilePM incorporates and encourages a range of popular agile practices to support effective product and solution development, including MoSCoW Prioritisation, Timeboxing and Iterative Development.
NEED TO TRAIN YOURSELF AND YOUR TEAM? If you’re new to AgilePM and interested in knowing more, visit this page
The goal of our webinars is to deliver information: we want you to learn more about the topic you have chosen and we see it as our mission to improve your knowledge.
Together with our expert trainers and consultants, we run several webinars during the year, in several languages, trying to cover all those topics that are particularly relevant for your professional growth: from Project management (PRINCE2 as well as Agile methods), to Programme, Portfolio,PMO Management and IT Service Management..
The best thing about webinars is that you can watch them over and over! So if you've missed one, no worries! Follow the link to watch the recorded version of your preferred topic or method and ...
... enjoy your learning moments!
AGILE METHODS AND DEVOPSAgile approaches are no longer limited to software development. They are more and more popular with various organizations that need to be more flexible and responsive to effectively address their increasing pace of change. Agile Project Management is an innovative approach to project management.
INTRODUCTION TO PMO MANAGEMENT: ROLES, TECHNIQUES AND BENEFITSIf your focus is on improving the way that projects are done (so that more projects succeed and change is more effective), then you should consider P3O, which explains how to use offices to support projects, programs and portfolios. You can facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management in your organization by implementing a PMO Office. This may be provided through a single permanent office which may exist under several different names e.g. PMO, Portfolio Office, Centre of Excellence, Enterprise or Corporate Programme Office. It may otherwise be provided through a linked set of offices (portfolio office, programme offices, project offices), both permanent (enabling/supporting business objectives and consistency of delivery) and temporary (enabling/supporting specific programmes and projects), providing a mix of central and localized services.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT: BENEFITS OF STRATEGIC ALIGNMENTIf you are a manager with a top-down perspective (you are managing a budget and a team, or a group of strategic initiatives), your next step could be MoP Portfolio Management, a one week training with certification. MoP, Management of Portfolios, provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organization’s strategic objectives. MoP helps you answer the question “Are we doing the right projects?” by prioritizing the right projects and programmes to undertake.
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT: ELEMENTS AND BENEFITSIf you are a project manager, or a manager, managing bigger-and-bigger projects and driving transformational business change, your next step is Programme Management. MSP, Managing Successful Programmes, represents proven good practice in programme management in successfully delivering transformational change, drawn from the experiences of both public and private sector organisations. MSP defines programme management as “the action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformational activities (i.e. the programme), to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business”. In fact it’s key to understand that a programme is not only a “bigger project”, but can also be a set of coordinated projects.
PRINCE2 2017: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRINCE2 UPDATEPRINCE2 is firmly established as the world’s most practiced method for project management and is globally recognized for delivering successful projects. In January 2017 AXELOS, announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2 guidance and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Together, these form PRINCE2 2017 and represent the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009. With this informative webinar QRP International wants to introduce you to the changes, understanding not only what changes in the content, but also what are the main reasons for the update, and how these updates will impact (or not impact) on your actual certification, and/or training plans.
ITIL Foundation adn Practitioner 2017: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRINCE2 UPDATEITIL is a best practice framework that has been drawn from both public and private sectors internationally. It describes how IT resources should be organised to deliver business value documenting the processes, functions and roles of IT Service Management (ITSM). WATCH THE FULL LIST OF QRP INTERNATIONAL VIDEOS
MORE INFOQRP International aims to support organisations and professionals developing their personal skills and reaching their business objectives with Training, Certification and Consultancy services in Best Practice management methods. Get in touch to know more or to ask your questions.
PM² Project Management Methodology
PM² is a Project Management Methodology developed and supported by the European Commission which captures the experience of EU institutions from managing thousands of projects, change initiatives, programmes and grants. PM² has been custom developed to fit the specific needs, culture and constraints of EU Institutions and Public Administrations, but also incorporates elements from globally accepted best practices, standards and methodologies, such as PRINCE2, PMI’s PMBOK and IPMA. The result is an easy-to-implement methodology suitable for any type of organization.THE OPEN PM² INITIATIVE Until the end of 2016, PM² methodology and certification was only available to EU institutions’ staff.
With the OpenPM², the EU Commission decides to provide open access to the PM² Project Management Methodology beyond purely EU institutions and including Contractors, Member States and finally all EU citizens. This open initiative help establish a common project management language and process for projects across organisations, increase effectiveness, collaboration efficiency and success in the coordination of projects in the EU.
PM² Project Management Course: PM² Fundamentals
QRP International offers PM² Project Management Methodology courses. These are two-days training called PM² Fundamentals. PM² courses take place in the EU Commission area (Rondpoint Schuman).
This unique course is particularly relevant for those organisations and people involved in international collaborative EU funded projects or willing to apply for EU grants.
The purpose of PM² Project Management Methodology is to enable better project management in the EU to help organisations deal with challenges of project management performance, collaboration with other organizations, engagement with citizens and complexities of managing service providers and outsourced projects.GENERAL INFO:
- Location: Brussels (EU Commission area – Rondpoint Schuman)
- Duration: 2 days, 14 h
- Language: English
- Price: € 1 250 (excl VAT)
- Material: PM² course handouts (English)
Stay Ahead! Register for the first PM² Courses!Now that you know about PM² courses, and the launch of this open initiative from the EU Commission, don't miss your chance to stay ahead with your PM skills: register for one of the two sessions planned for this year! Feel free to get in touch to have more info on PM².
ABC ScrumPopular and widely adopted around the globe, Scrum is a framework for developing, delivering and sustaining complex products through effective team collaboration. Scrum Masters are responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Acting as servant-leader for the Scrum Team, Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. Scrum Master qualification is offered by APMG and Agile Business Consortium: this new hands-on qualification is based on The Scrum Guide – the definitive guide to Scrum – created and maintained by Scrum’s creators.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework - the theory, practices, roles, rules and values - as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand - in detail - the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team's progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
Scrum Master training and certification is for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework.
It will be particularly beneficial to those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members.The importance of training and certification Findings from the 2019 Scrum Master Trends Report indicate that:
- 44% of participants that have a certification reported earning more than $100,000 USD (compared to 18% without a certification)!
- 38% of participants who reported having Scrum training reported a salary of $100,000 USD (compared to only 15% of those without training)!
- Source materials: The APMG-ABC course, syllabus & learning objectives are based on The Scrum Guide (The Definitive Guide to Scrum: The Rules of the Game).
- Agile experts: Developed in partnership with Agile Business Consortium – leaders in promoting and enabling business agility.
- Quality materials: Course materials & exercises developed by experience Scrum Master trainer.
- Course experience: Courses are highly interactive to encourage collaboration and reinforce learning objectives.
- Wider business focus: Increased focused on Scrum’s application beyond IT & software development.
- Expert delivery: Courses delivered by APMG accredited trainers and training organizations. APMG’s accreditation processes are respected globally and accredited by UKAS.
- Consistent quality: APMG accredited providers use standardized accredited materials developed by the Agile Business Consortium and experienced Scrum trainers/practitioners.
- No recertification requirements: APMG Scrum Master certification does not expire; candidates do not need to re-certify.
- Convenience: The APMG-ABC Scrum Master exam can be taken at the end of the course.
- Choose your format: The APMG-ABC exam is available in both paper and online formats.
- Free membership: Successful candidates are entitled to free 1-year membership with the Agile Business Consortium.
- Share your success: Successful candidates can claim a digital badge and share their success online.