New in: PRINCE2® 7!
PRINCE2®, the world’s leading project management method, has evolved to meet the needs of the future. The method has been updated to reflect the modern realities of managing successful projects in the 21st century, incorporating the latest processes, tools and technologies to stay ahead of the curve. All changes come together in the latest edition, PRINCE2 7.
PRINCE2 has been the gold standard for global project management practices since 1996. It is a flexible and adaptable method that can be tailored to any project, regardless of size, purpose or industry. PRINCE2 7, the latest version, addresses the changes in the project management sector and adapts to evolving working practices and technologies.
In collaboration with PeopleCert, QRP International organized a webinar* to talk you through the latest update and explain why now is the best time to get PRINCE2 7 certified.
PRINCE2® 7 enhances project management
With PRINCE2 7, project management is brought up to speed with the current business environment and it is enhanced in the following ways:
- Emphasizing People: PRINCE2 7 recognizes the vital role of individuals in project success, incorporating a human element into its method.
- Sustainability in Project Performance: PRINCE2 7 introduces Sustainability as a critical aspect of project performance, aligning projects with environmental and social responsibility goals.
- Digital & Data Management: It incorporates a digital and data management framework to meet evolving project management needs.
- Enhanced Adaptability: PRINCE2 7 offers greater adaptability for customization to specific project contexts, empowering managers to align projects with strategic goals.
- Integration with Agile, Lean and ITIL: It provides guidance on not only integrating Agile and other Best Practices, but also on digital transformation projects, fostering collaboration and responsiveness.
- Designed for all professionals: including aspiring or experienced project managers, using simplified language and content which makes it more accessible to all.
PRINCE2 7 meets modern project demands, equipping managers and teams with refined tools for complexity management and excellence. Its significance is bridging the gap between structured project management and the dynamic demands of today’s business environment.
PRINCE2 6th edition vs PRINCE2 7
A short overview of the main differences between the PRINCE2 6th edition and 7:
Integrated elements: PRINCE2 6th edition has four integrated elements (Project Context, Principles, Themes and Processes). PRINCE2 7 has five (People, Project Context, Principles, Themes and Processes).
Performance targets: PRINCE2 6th edition has six performance targets (Benefit, costs, timescales, quality, scope and risk). PRINCE2 7 has seven (Benefit, costs, time, quality, scope, sustainability and risk).
Delivery method: PRINCE2 6th edition is considered waterfall and agile, while PRINCE2 7 is considered a hybrid an iterative-incremental approach.
Practices: in PRINCE2 6th edition these were called themes and have been renamed to practices in PRINCE2 7.
PRINCE2 7 training and certification
The new edition of the PRINCE2 method has been officially launched early September 2023. The 7th edition is currently only available in English. Other languages will soon follow.
QRP International has made sure all our trainers are certified in PRINCE2 7 and are ready to train you and your team too. We provide the PRINCE2 7 Foundation, Practitioner and Combi training both as classroom and virtual training in English. All planned training sessions from October onward shall use the PRINCE2 7 version.
Our open classroom and virtual training in French, Italian, Dutch and German will continue to be based on the 6th edition of the method. PRINCE2 7 courses can be organized on request (in English).
Our PRINCE2 7 certification training courses also include complimentary Take2, which is one free exam resit should you fail on the first attempt at the examination.
For more information, feel free to contact us.
Would you like to rewatch webinar What’s New in PRINCE2® 7? Watch the recording here!