MSP COMBI / Foundation & Practitioner
QRP International offers the full one week* MSP ® COMBI session to those candidates willing to be trained and certified for the level Foundation and Practitioner during a five day course.
This unique training week includes BOTH the Foundation and the Practitioner examinations and candidates can benefit from a reduction of 15 % on the total price.
To benefit from this opportunity, you just go to our course page and choose in the menu bar for the MSP Combi*. All the scheduled Combi courses will appear with their reduced prices.
The MSP Combi course is divided in two sessions: 3 days MSP Foundation and 2 days Practitioner course as follow:
The MSP® Foundation Course covers the entire syllabus of MSP and prepares participants for the MSP Foundation examination.
This is a three day course, delivered as a classroom event and is designed for people who require a general level of MSP understanding. The training is a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions.
The MSP® Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to learn how MSP can be applied to real live programmes and prepares participants for the MSP Practitioner examination.
This is a two day classroom-based course, mainly aimed at Programme Managers, experienced Project Managers, Programme Support Team members and Senior Managers from any discipline. The course is entirely focused at applying MSP in programme scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MSP.
- Programme office team members
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers and SROs).
- Project managers
- Experts and advisers working within a programme office
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers).
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the programme management environment and the characteristics of different types of programmes
- Understand the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- Understand the purpose of the defined roles
- Understand the purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Understand the purpose of MSP programme information (documents).
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme
- Explain each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles and can apply that understanding
- Apply each of the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes
- Produce or evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents)
- Identify activities that should be undertaken during each of the processes of the transformational flow together with the accountabilities and responsibilities of each of the defined roles
- Understand which management products are input to, output from, and updated in each of the six transformational flow processes.
- Pass the Foundation exam
- Pass the Practitioner exam
MSP FOUNDATION EXAM
- 60 minutes
- 75 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
All successful delegates will receive the MSP Foundation certificate from APMGroup, provided by QRP International.
MSP PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.5 hours
- Objective Test
- 8 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (MSP manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the MSP Practitioner certificate from APMG.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on programmes. Project Management experience or Project Board experience is desirable for those requiring the Practitioner exam. Pre-read material will be sent by courier to each participant prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the MSP Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam. A pre-requisite for this exam is a score of 60% at Foundation level.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the MSP Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MSP Foundation and Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the MSP Glossary, Foundation and Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation and Practitioner Examination.
See our scheduled open courses or ask for a quotation for in-house courses.
*You are not obliged to do the two parts (Foundation and Practitioner) in one week. It is as well possible to divide your course in different dates if this is easier for you agenda, without losing this price benefit. Just indicate this in the comment box of your inscription.
Links and downloads