The Practitioner level is aiming to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation.
The scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate competence to begin working as an Agile Project Manager on a non-complex project.
This is a two day course, delivered as a classroom event and is very detailed with a focus on scenarios. The Practitioner examination can be taken on the afternoon of the second day.
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile DSDM Atern in a project situation.
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario.
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario.
- Identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario.
- Understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile
- Project which are specific to an Agile project.
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project.
- Describe the agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario.
- Pass the AGILE Practitioner exam
AGILE PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2 hour
- Objective Test
- 4 questions
- 60 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (AGILE manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the AGILE Practitioner certificate from APMG.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience of working on projects. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course. The Foundation exam must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide
- AGILE Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Practitioner Examination.
Links and downloads