This course gives you 14 PDU points!
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to apply the concepts of the PRINCE2 methodology to a scenario and prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination.
This level is aiming to ensure that a candidate could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2 in order to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
This is a two day classroom based course mainly aimed at Project Managers, with a focus on scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of PRINCE2.
- (Senior) Project Managers
- PM Office Managers
- Project Directors
- Senior Management
- Programme Managers
Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Know or be able to comment on detailed explanations of all processes, themes and techniques, and worked examples of all PRINCE2 management products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Demonstrate that they understand the relationships between processes, themes, techniques and PRINCE2 management products and can apply this understanding
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes, themes and techniques of PRINCE2
- Demonstrate their understanding of how to tailor PRINCE2 to different project environments
- Pass the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
PRINCE2 PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.5 hour
- Objective Test
- 8 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 55% pass mark
- Open book (PRINCE2 manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate from APMG.
Project Management experience and experience working in project teams. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The Foundation exam must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Event Handout
- PRINCE2 Customised Templates
- 6 months FREE access code to P2ware Planner Suite
Links and downloads