The MoP® Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario and prepares participants for the MoP Practitioner Examination.
This level aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to advice on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio. To this end they need to exhibit the knowledge required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they have a full understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance.
This is a two day classroom based course, mainly aimed at (aspiring) those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives and is very detailed with the focus on scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MoP.
- Those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
- Those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- members of Management Boards and Directors of Change;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs);
- Portfolio, programme, project, business change and benefits managers;
- Business case writers and project appraisers.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role.
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- define the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- plan the implementation of portfolio management
- select and adapt MoP principles, practices and techniques to suit different organizational environments
- evaluate examples of MoP information (including documents and role descriptions)
- analyse the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario
- pass the Practitioner exam
MoP PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 3 hours
- Objective Test
- 4 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 40% pass mark
- Open book (MoP manual only)
All successful delegates will receive the MoP Practitioner certificate from APMG.
Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the MoP Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MoP Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, MoP Glossary, Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Practitioner Examination.
See our scheduled open courses or ask for a quotation for in-house courses.
Links and downloads